When packaging discussions are done, the cardboard boxes are the first thing that strikes in mind. However, Cardboard boxes are not the only packaging material; there are many other. Corrugated cardboard boxes are the other type of packaging material.
People often confuse both, but they serve different purposes depending on the product. Corrugated boxes have many benefits and ensure to provide easy packaging solutions. Corrugated boxes are lightweight, strong, and resilient which ensures to keep your products are protected.
In this post, we’ll cover everything you need to know about Corrugated Cardboard boxes.
How corrugated cardboard boxes are made?
Corrugated boxes are thick and strong cardboard walls made of cards designed in a zig-zag pattern. This makes cardboard strong and highly resistant to bumps, knocks, and crushing.
Corrugated boxes are made up of different types of paper like Kraft or test. The zig-zag pattern is used while making cardboard, as it provides strength on both sides of the box. The boxes are manufactured by a large machine called a corrugated.
The outside layers are called liner boards, and the middle wavy layer of paper in between the liner boards is known as a flute.
What is corrugated cardboard used for?
The innovative construction features separate materials and gets its super strength. The middle layer of the box has a concertina card which is firmly packed within 2 layers of fluting. These firm packaging methods give strength across the width of the card from both sides of the materials.
Some company prefers single-layer corrugate that are thinner and more lightweight materials called single wall boxes. Others chose several layers of corrugate that are made of thicker cards.
Benefits of Corrugated boxes
- Maximum protection: Corrugated boxes are stronger than normal cardboard boxes. It gives more protection to your products while shipping and handling. Even for food products, corrugated cardboard is the right option as it is designed to keep moisture and bacteria away from products.
- Easy to customize: Corrugated boxes could be modified based on the size of the products.
- Cost-effective and sustainability: Corrugated boxes are inexpensive as it requires fewer labor costs. Corrugated cardboard boxes are effortlessly recycled.
- Great for packaging: You can customize the corrugated packaging material with your company brand and brand awareness. It’s a great way to impress your customers with more professionalized packaging.
- Biodegradable: Corrugated boxes are Biodegradable material and are made up of 70-100% of recycled material. It does not use any bleaches or dyes in manufacturing.
- Lightweight: Shipping cost increases as the weight of the product increases. Corrugated boxes are great benefits as it is strong and lightweight too.
- Offer flexibility: In corrugated boxes, you will have the choice to select a wide variety of sizes. You can also choose for single, double, or even triple wall protection. Corrugated boxes offer more flexible packaging solutions in the market today.
Looking for corrugated cardboard boxes for your products? Contact our packaging solutions – BCBox for corrugated cardboard boxes.